Apply Now Your Opportunities

The Top 2 Lessons From the Thrive Conference



I recently attended a great conference by Cole Hatter called "Thrive", and I wanted to share two important lessons that I learned there with you today about goals and decision-making.
I recently attended "Thrive," a conference by Cole Hatter, and I wanted to share two of the most important lessons I learned with you today. First of all, Cole told us that there are two types of moments: inconsequential moments and defining moments. An inconsequential moment is when you make a decision that won’t really change your life. On the other hand, defining moments are when everything will change. Cole shared that most people struggle with inconsequential moments. For example, people will spend a lot of time deciding what kind of ice cream to get when it doesn’t really matter. Most of us have it backwards; we spend time worrying about inconsequential moments but make hasty decisions when it comes to defining moments. Who will you marry? What job will you take? Where will you go to school? Those are defining moments, and they need to be dealt with as such. As for those inconsequential moments, just make a decision and move on. Give the right amount of thought to those defining moments.


Don’t waste your time worrying about inconsequential moments.

The second major lesson I learned was something I already knew but had stopped doing: creating one-year, five-year, and 10-year goals. Cole challenged us to go back within a week and make those goals. I knew that if I went back to my regular life, I wouldn’t get those goals done, so I carved out a couple of hours that day to make my goals.

I’ve found that starting with my 10-year goal and working my way back is the best method. Once you make those goals, you have to make them happen. How do you want your work life to be? What do you want your relationships to look like? How do you want to feel physically?

After you write your goals down, make sure you read them out loud when you wake up in the morning. Doing so will activate your brain to see all of the opportunities to bring what you want into your life. Everywhere you look, you have an opportunity to achieve your goals; your brain just doesn’t know it yet. Reading those goals out loud will change that.

I hope these two lessons will help you as much as they have helped me. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I would be happy to help you!