Apply Now Your Opportunities

The Importance of Embracing Change


Today I’m excited to share some lessons I learned from a book by John Gordon. They’re about embracing change in your life and your career.

"The Shark and the Goldfish" is a fantastic book written by John Gordon, one of my favorite authors. An interesting concept with many great lessons to learn, one thing this book talked a lot about is the concept of change. 

Change is something we’re all going to have to experience. Even though our first reaction might be to panic, I can tell you that all of the best things in my life came when I was forced to make a change.

Gordon’s first piece of advice was to embrace the change. Don’t run from it or get annoyed by it. When you create a void or when something goes away, better things can come to you.

The next lesson I took away from the book was to ride that change. You can either be a victor or a victim. Both of these people get knocked down. The hero is the one who gets knocked down and comes back stronger.
Don’t run from change or get annoyed by it. Embrace it.
The final lesson I got from this book is to stay positive. This is really hard to do when change comes along, but here’s what I always keep in mind: You win first in your mind and then in the marketplace. 

If you are ready to make a change in your career, we are here to help you embrace it. Give us a call or send us an email today. We would love to hear from you.